Life Update
So it has once again been a ridiculously long time since I last posted. I will get better at the whole posting regularly thing eventually.
Anywho, let's see... last time I posted I was on Christmas break in Hawaii still. Currently we are about 5-6 weeks into the spring semester. I am taking 6 classes this term (5 CJ, 1 PSY), I joined the tennis team, I am hoping to staff the Awakening retreat and I am the community service rep for Rotaract. Needless to say, I have been busy!
Basically my days (M-F) are as follows: get up and go to the gym/go for a run at 5:00, go to class 9:00-11:00, go to practice 11:00-1:00 and go to class again 1:00-3:00. After 3:00 depending on the day I have meetings or else I have to do community service for my juvenile delinquency class.
Tennis is going well. We just had a match against BYU-Hawaii on Thursday and lost 0-9 but don't feel too bad for us just yet... they are ranked #2 in the nation! It was lots of fun to watch (not eligible to play this season because of my transfer student status) and I met a girl on the BYU team (played #5 singles I believe) who is from NH!! What are the chances?! She is from a town about 20-25 minutes from my home town and knows of this little cafe that our town is known for! She also started playing tennis at Hampshire Hills which is where I took my first lessons... life's pretty crazy sometimes! Small world for sure....
I was wicked excited today was Friday before I remembered that I had both an exam before practice and a quiz after practice to worry about. Think they went alright but it definitely wasn't a nice relaxing Friday. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be better. Tomorrow I am going to go to the Academy of Arts with my friend Ellen so she can do an assignment for one of her classes. Then we have practice from 6:00-8:00 on a Saturday night! And on Sunday we have another match against HPU. Hopefully we can beat them this time because I am starting to get sick of imported players who can't even speak English beating us!!
Haven't really had time for much else in between classes and practice but am wicked excited for the semester to keep moving. We have spring break to look forward to at the end of March. I will not be going on vacation but rather I will be tutoring kids at Palolo Elementary for their state exams as part of my juvenile delinquency class. Hopefully I'll get some beach time in too, though! In April, I have my bday and retreat to look forward to and then before you know it May will be here and the semester will be done. Just got an email about registering for classes for the fall sometime at the end of this month so that should be interesting, too.
Haven't had a chance to do any of the hikes from the guide mom sent me but hopefully in the upcoming weekends there will be some down time and the hiking adventures can commence. I have made it a goal of mine to complete all of the 50 hikes before I leave Hawaii when I graduate in 2010. That means that I have to basically start now and complete one hike pretty much every weekend. I am trying to convince some friends to join me on this expedition so A. I have some level of safety and B. so I can have some company! I am going to create a new blog for the hikes too and include pictures and a description of each of the hikes so that when you all come visit me in Hawaii (wink, wink) you can see which hikes you want to do!
That's about it from here. Missing the family (biological and otherwise) as always but am having a great time in Paradise!
Will write more soon... I promise! ;)


3 Comments:
Hi Alli! What a newsy blog update! I'm glad you are so involved -- you are clearly living your life to the fullest.
I hope that someday Mom and Alpha can be one of your visitors (its too hard for me to get in), and join you on one of those hikes. That sounds really fun (more fun than our volksmarching, actually ;-) You will have your work cut out for you to do a hike each weekend. But what a great goal.
Well, I love you and miss you and hope you continue to live life fully. Remember, you can always sleep when your dead (hee, hee).
Love, Frito
Wow, such a busy productive life you are living! Hope that you are able to get some hiking time, but after reading how busy you are, I wonder when you will have time!!! We love you & miss you and look forward to getting you over to Germany.
Wow... you are a very busy woman. For the hiking part, I wish I was there, cuz I love hiking, I used to hike on weekends with my mom. But don't get yourself too stress out and have lots of fun~!! Enjoy the sunshine >"<
Miss you tons, Ying
Post a Comment
<< Home