Catching Up...
So much to catch up on... where shall I begin? I guess I will start with the most recent news and then work my way back.
Last night, Oahu was lucky enough to have an island-wide blackout! Ingoing and outgoing flights cancelled, stores closed early cutting off post-holiday sales shoppers, traffic lights not working causing gridlock in downtown Honolulu (because people can't figure out how to make stoplights a four-way stop) but most importantly, President-elect Barack Obama, and his reported 11 million dollar holiday compound, is safe and sound. I am pretty sure our blackout (caused they think by a lightning strike to a transformer) would not have gotten nearly as much coverage if Obama wasn't vacationing here. Oh well, works for me!
No pictures to add... seeing as how it was pitch black out... but a fun night nonetheless. Carrie's boyfriend came over after a high school reunion thingy and we played poker, go fish and war to keep ourselves occupied into the morning hours. For the record, I beat him at poker twice, go fish 3 times and lost to him at war twice. (Guess I'm just a lover, not a fighter ;))
I didn't sleep well, it was super hot in the room until I thought to open the window. Power came back on a little before 8:00 am I believe so I turned off the lights and went back to sleep. Glad it didn't last long, but it was fun to have a night without electronics (safe my iPhone, hehe) to enjoy the candlelight.


2 Comments:
Sounds like maybe a plan -- a night a week with no electronics. Course Mom is there every night lately, at least as far as TV goes, and she's not such a happy camper about it ;-)
Glad that the blackout didn't last any longer. Dad has a satellite saavy friend from work who is going to try and come over tomorrow and see if he can get our TV situation fixed :)
Post a Comment
<< Home