Marine Bio Field Trip #2
For our second trip, the class headed out to Lana'i Lookout and Sandy's Beach. (Lana'i lookout might look familiar to some of you LOST fans.) We were learning about waves, tide pools and rocky shoreline organisms. One thing I love about Hawaii is how no one pays any attention to warning signs! Swimming in oceans with shark warnings posted, laying on beaches with portuguese man-o-war warnings, or climbing past points you're not supposed to...
Being Hawaii, it was gorgeous as always!
The rock formations are wicked cool and make me think of LOST (what can I say!?)!
Here's a random shot of the class being taught about different types of waves such as rogue waves by Iwamoto.
Teachers must love it when a real life example follows right after an explanation lol.
If you ever get the chance to visit Hawaii (or wherever you are really) you should always remember to stop and admire the beauty around you!
*I have SO many pictures from this trip that I will have to show them all to you guys at some point!


2 Comments:
Great photos (and I like your beauty sentiment).
As for the photos, you are a Mac owner, and you have a .Mac account. Load those suckers up on your gallery and send along a link!
Would love to see them!
Beautiful photos! YES, the rock formations do look like the ones in LOST!
Post a Comment
<< Home