Rotaract
I am a member of the Chaminade Rotaract club. Rotaract is a community service club that does a huge variety of volunteer work around the island. I was just elected Community Service Chair for next year (January-Dec) so we'll see what cool activities I can find for us to do. This year, our first excursion was to the Honolulu Zoo to help prep and prim birdhouses to be painted by an art class and which are being used to cordon off areas of the park and hold emergency kits inside. Here are a few pictures from that day.
Tammy and Christina are sanding the bird houses in preparation for our double coat of primer.
Desiree and Gwen are painting away.
Here is the group that came out with us.
More recently, we had our end of semester dinner at Pyramids, a delicious Mediterranean/Egyptian place!

I had the "Sphynx" which is a vegetarian entree made up of a bunch of the vegetarian appetizers and greek salad. It was absolutely delicious... they have the best hummus I have ever had!

Here are Hannah, Tammy and Heather.

This is Krystal (the President of Rotaract) and myself.
After dinner, around 7:30 a belly dancer came out to perform and then taught some of us a few moves. Unfortunately I only had my iPhone so the dancing photo's not great quality.


2 Comments:
Not bad for the iPhone camera. Yeah, I wouldn't want to rely on it (lens is slow) but in a pinch.
Congrats on taking a position at the Rotoract. That's a very generous thing to do, and is a good way to feel part of the community. Good for you Alli.
Sounds like a nice way to help others out and make new friends at the same time.
Post a Comment
<< Home