Alli's Awesome Adventures

Just a place for me to record some of my thoughts and memories :)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lanikai Pillboxes

Last Sunday, myself, Annie (my RD), Micah and Ramon went on a little sunrise hike. It was Annie's last day on the island before heading back to the east coast so they had planned a little hike and invited me to come along Saturday night.

Saturday night, around 8:45 pm, I got a phone call from Annie, asking if I wanted to be a 4th for some doubles. Of course, I said yes, and like most of our tennis outings, we played from 9:30ish to midnight. I got home around 12:30am and then went to bed around 1:30. Got up at 4:00 to walk over to Annie's apartment and then we left at 5:00 to drive to our destination.

Not sure what time we ended up in this ritzy neighborhood but we completed our hike (with cell phones lighting the semi-treachourous trail) by 6:15. The view from the military bunker at the top was gorgeous 365 degrees.

It was the most beautiful day and we think we could even see the outline of Maui from the top. The sun wasn't supposed to rise until 7:04 so we just chilled and listened to music at the top. Met some really cute dogs enjoying their daily walk (lucky doggies!) and took a bunch of pictures! Sadly, my camera didn't have batteries so I am waiting to get those pictures from Ramon who took I believe 198 or so. Just to give you an idea until I can trade-in our own photos, the pictures in this post are some google images I found when I searched Lanikai Pillboxes.

(they don't even come close to our views, the land was so much more green and fresh looking).

Overall it was the most amazing day on the island for me this semester and I was back at my apartment by 10 am! Wish I had a car so I could do hikes like this more often but I guess I'll just have to consider starting up a hiking club at school or something... hmm... I'll have to look into that.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Steven Crisp said...

Sounds like a great outing.

Now that is an excellent idea -- hiking club to take advantage of all that beauty you have out there, plus someone else's driving ;-)

I can't wait to see your friends photos. Be sure to hound her. They sound great. (And *always* keep an extra battery charged -- boy scout tip ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home