Marine Bio Field Trip #1
Okay, so I am jumping around in order a bit but I have the utmost faith you can follow along. For our first marine bio field trip this past semester (back in September), we went to this really secluded beach to learn about fringing reefs and marine organisms that live there. I cannot recall the specific name right now but I'll look it up when I get back to my apartment. Supposedly this beach is where Mel Gibson stays when he comes to Oahu. It's amazing to me that this beach is public and no one really knows about it because the houses are literally on the beach and you are in people's backyards pretty much.
First we got there and Professor Iwamoto explained the afternoon's objectives to us (yes we had questions to answer and everything!).
Not a bad location for a marine bio class, huh?! The views were gorgeous, it really was a secluded paradise!
Here are some of my classmates looking for marine organisms on the reef flat.
This is my friend Reane and I. She is from Maui and has never seen snow before!! She's also a CJ major so we are going to have a couple of classes together next semester so that should be cool! (And of course I am representing New England!)


1 Comments:
Yeah, tough class setting!
And how about scuba or snorkling -- any classes for that?
Sounds awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home