Alli's Awesome Adventures

Just a place for me to record some of my thoughts and memories :)

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Time For A New Adventure!

Wow... where do I even begin?  It has been almost seven years since I posted on this blog.  I only came across it as I was creating a new blog for my photos.  I decided to take a few minutes to write a new post because I am about to embark on a brand new adventure!

On Saturday the 13th I am getting on a plane and moving to Washington state.  I have been in Hawaii for the past eight years and for several  reasons have decided that it is time to try something new and see what else our beautiful country has to explore! I have never been to the northwest but I am going to be staying with my best friend from Chaminade, Carrie, and her boyfriend while I get situated.

I am still in the process on looking for jobs (not very successfully from a distance) so please keep all of your fingers and toes crossed that I am able to find something soon after I move.  I am so excited to go  on hikes and explore Seattle along with many other parts of Washington, western Canada and Oregon!  At the same time, I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that I will be leaving the islands for a while.  Hawaii has become home and a place that will  always be special to me.  My dad is convinced that I will wind up back here one day and I must say that he is probably right (for once ;) ).

My last day of work here was Friday so today (well, yesterday as I have been up all night) I got together with Leah and Kristen and we went to Shangri La which was BEAUTIFUL!  And then my former coworkers and I went bowling at Fort Shafter for my going away party.  It was a great day however, now it's almost 6:00am and I haven't gone to bed because I've been thinking about everything that needs to get taken care of in this upcoming week.  After I sleep some today I am going to try and pack up most of my stuff so that I don't have that lingering over me until the last day.  I have a haircut scheduled this week, visiting some more friends and former coworkers and then I really need to continue sending out my resume and cover letter to all the jobs I can find!

Anywho, I guess that's all for now.  I  hope to post more about my move to Washington and some of the neat northwest adventures that I go on.  It  still doesn't feel real that this move is happening.  Here's to new beginnings and some more of Alli's Awesome Adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home